I have a life pretty much filled with clutter. This is as much mental as it is physical. I have recently come to the realization that this clutter has become a hurtle to overcome when it comes to my writing. I’m sure some of this will sound familiar to others. Here’s a fun little list of things that stand in my way.
- Notebooks upon notebooks half full of writing, ideas and half done poems that I would love to be able to go through to get some inspiration.
- Scraps of paper poem lines, short story ideas, scenes, and random dialog.
- Folders full of school papers that should be edited to use for publication.
- Then there are the piles of random other junk. At the moment my bedroom looks like a tornado just passed through.
- First thing in the morning my mind get filled with the redundant task of everyday like, check email, shower, myspace, howework, work, etc.
- In the back of my mind I’m always questioning how I’m going to get my bills paid.
- Right after that I begin the worry of needing to find a decent paying job. Keeping in mind that I would like it to be a job that I actually like.
While all that runs through my mind I still have all the other worries that I’m pretty sure every other person in their 20’s has. I do have periods of time where I am able to push everything aside and get some writing done. But it seems to be getting harder and harder lately.
It would be great to hear if anybody else has these same issues. It would also be great to get some advice on how to deal with it.